Graded ‘Easy’, this 5km Trail Race is for everyone, from the young to those more mature in years. Everybody loves a ‘Park Run’ and this is KMF’s own version. The 5km is fast and furious from the word go or take it as easy as you like, its your enjoyment that counts!
This low level fast pace race is open to all abilities, come and have a go at a record set in 2017 by Mountain Fuel’s James Appleton or enjoy with all the family.
Head out of Crow Park through a specially designated barrier lane into Cockshot Woods, take some fast turns through the woods to find yourself running along the track next to the main Borrowdale Road. This leads all the way to Calfclose Bay, here you take a sharp about turn to start back along the shores of Derwent Water. Fields and lake shore trails now lead you back towards Crow Park and finally back into Cockshot Woods for the same ‘barrier lane’ finish into the Festival Village and the glory you deserve!
FREE photograph, electronic chip timing, event t-shirt and 1 FREE concert ticket!
WHAT’S GREAT ABOUT THIS EVENT?
• Perfect distance for beginners wanting to try a trail run, Start and finish at Crow Park taking in a fantastic festival atmosphere, where your friends and family can watch!
• Race hard to take the course record set in 2017
• Interesting course with amazing lake shore views
• Organised by professional events team
• Marked extremely well with RED Flags and KMF A5 Pink/Blue Arrows
• Timed by Results Base
Winning Time in 2017 18:39 - James Appleton, Mountain Fuel (Course Record)
DATES, TIMES & BOOKING
The Festival Village is located adjacent to The Theatre By The Lake close to Derwentwater.